Last Modified: January 10, 2020
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Information We Collect
- How we Share Information we Collect
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
- Anti-spam Policy
- Unsubscribe from our Communications
1. Information We Collect
When You Visit our Websites
You are free to explore the website without providing any Personal Information about yourself. When you visit the website or register for the email communication, we request that you provide Personal Information about yourself, and we collect Navigational Information.
This refers to any information that you voluntarily submit to us and that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, company name, address, phone number, and other information about yourself or your business. Personal Information can also include information about any transactions, both free and paid, that you enter into on the websites, and information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google, or publicly available information that we acquire from service providers.
Personal Information also includes Navigational Information or Payment Information where such information can directly or indirectly identify an individual. Navigational information refers to information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and pages viewed. Please see the “Navigation Information” section below. Except for this, we do not collect Sensitive Information from you.
When you use our services or view content provided by us, we automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, internet service provider (ISP), the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, clickstream data, access times and referring website addresses.
Information we collect from third parties
From time to time, we may receive Personal Information about you from third party sources including partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, and publicly available sources such as social media websites.
Information About Children
The Websites are not intended for or targeted at children under 16, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 16 If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com, so that we may delete the information.
2. How We Use Information We Collect
We Never Sell Personal Information
We will never sell your Personal Information to any third party.
Use of Personal Information
- send information or Troy Valuations content to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our business;
- promote use of our services to you and share promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
- meet legal requirements.
Customer Testimonials and Comments
We post customer testimonials and comments on our Websites, which may contain Personal Information. We obtain each customer’s consent via email prior to posting the customer’s name and testimonial.
Security of your Personal Information
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. All Personal Information is protected using appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures.
Social Media Features
Retention of Personal Information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information. as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
We retain Personal Information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as long as is required in order to contact you about our services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we securely delete the information or anonymise it or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request, as described in “To Unsubscribe from Our Communications” below.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services, such as when you last opened an email from us or ceased using your Troy Valuations account. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
3. How we Share Information We Collect
We employ other companies and people to provide services to visitors to our website and our customers and may need to share your information with them to provide information, products or services to you. Examples may include removing repetitive information from prospect lists, analyzing data or performing statistical analysis, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, supplementing the information you provide us in order to provide you with better service, and providing customer service or support. In all cases where we share your information with such agents, we explicitly require the agent to acknowledge and adhere to our privacy and customer data handling policies.
4. Cookies and Similar Technologies
5. How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
You have the following data protection rights:
- You can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
- To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Troy Valuations Inc., Suite 300, 4838 Richard Road SW, Calgary, AB T3E 6L1, Attention: Privacy. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
6. Anti-Spam Policy
Our Policy applies to us and to our customers and, among other things, prohibits us from sending unsolicited commercial email, and requires the inclusion in every email sent of an “opt-out” mechanism and other required information.
7. Unsubscribe From Our Communications
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our e-mails, updating your communication preferences, or by sending us email us at email@example.com or postal mail to Troy Valuations Inc., Suite 300, 4838 Richard Road SW, Calgary, AB T3E 6L1, Attention: Privacy. Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with us.